#monthlyrecap January - a new start

February 07, 2019



Hello, everybody,
and Happy New Year since this is my first post for 2019. 


For this year I've promised myself to upload more posts and be more active in general. We will see how this will go. Hope for the best but anything can happen. 


January for me went really fast not like it was supposed to. Honestly, I didn't feel it at all. Maybe because I've got caught between my work and my bed. 

But let's go to the important stuff ... 



Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi ★★★☆☆ - I don't even know why I've read this book. Personally, Warner is far from a favorite character but we all make mistakes sometimes. Tahereh Mafi's style is great tho. 
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi ★★★☆☆ - I wanted to hit Juliette, through 90% percent of that book, with something hard. Way too much drama. Kenji was the only ray of sunshine.
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi ★★★☆☆ - I don't know the reason behind author's idea of turning Adam's character out like that but it wasn't a clever one. At least Juliette has become something that's not a total waste of time. Warner *rolling my eyes*. Kenji is the best thing to this series, period. 
Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia ★★★☆☆ - it was cute. There were a lot of points made about real-life issues. Was kinda surprised how the problem has been inserted. The characters were nice. As a whole, I liked that book. It was a light read. 
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black ★★★★ - now to this piece that I left at the beginning of 2018 and picked it up again in the first week of this one. I didn't particularly love it. Let's go for - I like it enough to continue on with the next one. Jude is a different kind of female character. Not to what I was used to. She has her own witty plans. Cardan is intriguing enough to not fall into the category of typical YA male characters - I have enough already. Action, blood, family drama, jaw-dropping moments.
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★- okay, I almost forgot to include this book. Yes, I'm ashamed of myself as well. Anyway, I didn't pick up this book for the longest time out all of the unread ones. So glad that I've finally done it but at the same time sad that the story has ended. I need more of these characters and this world. In my opinion, it was way better than the first one because the backstory of the characters was really interesting and haven't bored me to death, or made me forget what was the actual scene. I loved the scheming games, the heists, the unexpected plot twists - I really don't need it the last one but I'll find a way to get over it somehow. Basically, Leigh Bardugo for once more proofed why she is an auto-buy author for me.




I haven't finished anything this month. I'm finding it hard to concentrate on something which is longer than 20 minutes and it's not a book or homework. I can only watch movies in the cinema. 
Although I've started again The Good Place - it's just twenty minutes and I have trouble with keeping my attention on it. 
And ALF - this show it's really old, but it still makes me laugh. It's about that furry creature from another planet that doesn't have a zip on its mouth and has a desperate love for cats. Not it the good way. 
It's pathetic. Because I'm seeing all of this new shows coming out and they look so interesting. But my mind won't concentrate. Maybe I should play it like I'm in the cinema. will update you on how that goes.

Well, that's how the month in these two categories went for me. I expect February to be a lot more. Even though it's the shortest one. Anyway, we'll try.



Again, I'm going to put more books than I actually can read. Too bad that we cannot absorb books while we sleep. Things then would be so much easier. But we have to get the best of the current situation so without further ado here is my tbr ... 


☐ Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan
☐ A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G.Drews 
☐ King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (If my copy finds its way to me)
☐ The Wicked King by Holly Black 
☐ The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven
☐ City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty (I should have read it by now. Oh, dear...)

question:
How the month went for you? Have you read any of the books the I've mentioned? Did you do something excited this month?  

You Might Also Like

0 comments